Friday, February 6, 2009

Picture time



So yeah, this is the first pg pic. A lot of what I've been reading says I shouldn't show until later . . . but this is me and I think I'm "showing." Just seeing this makes it all seem more real. The first 12 weeks went so smoothly, and I'm very thankful - other than getting the flu for a few days, I only had a couple weeks of nausea and some aversions to things that I normally can't live without (I must say I was very proud to have not purchased ANY coffee in 2009 until the 3rd week in January. However, I did make up for that with Wendy's drive thru runs for almost a week straight. I guess everything evens out!). And for the record, coffee just started tasting good again - but I have to remind myself that just because I like something doesn't mean I have to buy it.

Trevor seemed to think I was a little moody throughout the past few months, and I suppose I could agree to that! But he has been nothing but patient and fun and excited and a sponge for information. We both especially reveled in taking a day off together for my first appointment, where we got to see the heartbeat. What a miracle, and what a joy to share in the joy together. We're calling this little one "Sammy" in utero - Trevor sometimes puts his head to my stomach to see if he can hear the heartbeat, it's precious. And for some reason, we both feel very strongly that we'll be welcoming a little boy in August, and we'll know more certainly about that on April 3rd.

On a random side note, Trevor is leaving this weekend for our church's annual mens' ski trip . . . and he bought a helmet. And not even at my prompting. I think Sammy might have influenced him somehow . . . I just keep telling him that I need him alive. One of the first things Trevor ever said to me was on our 9th grade ski trip to Huff Hills: "Andrea, just remember - speed is your friend!" I'm still frightened by that phrase, especially since hearing about his concussion-induced ER visits at a young guy (from biking incidents). God bless all those skiiers with safety this weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Kelly didn't really start showing until we got back from Florida at the end of December. That was probably around the 15 week mark. Now, at 21 weeks, she is definitely showing.

    We called the baby "Jack" until we learned his sex. "Jack" came from the fact that, at the time, we were reading a book that said the baby was the size of a bean. Bean. Beanstalk. Jack! (Now that we know he's a boy, we call him by his name, Zachary--or "Zack" for short, which is close enough to "Jack".)

    We had our fourth ultrasound today. For some reason, everyone told us we'd only get one, but we have an awesome doctor who we love and she shows the the baby every time we come in!

    And I can empathize with Trevor's sudden interest in personal safety. I really started thinking about things differently when I found out I was going to be a dad. For instance, if I sold one average length short story, that would bring in enough money for 1/2 month's worth of day care! ;-)

    Enjoy it all. It's very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You look great! Keep those pictures coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! I'm sooo very excited for you and Trevor!! I will been praying for you both during this exciting time - it will not disappoint I'm sure! I wish you both all the best and I CANNOT wait to follow you guys on this journey! (via blog posts and pics!) and Thank goodness I found out you have a blog - I looove blog stalking! Miss you lots!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea! I love the new blog! Cute pic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful beautiful beautiful! Love the pictures and will love hearing about your pregnancy and the adventures that come with it. Have Trev give Jon a call...Jon has news for him.

    ReplyDelete