Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Bless his heart

Trevor and I are sitting here watching the rain, clad in sweatpants, sipping our beverages of choice, and I'm just thinking about how thankful I am for my husband.  If a person's true character is revealed by their instant reactions, then Trevor has the highest caliber character of anyone I know.  Some reactions that have revealed his character through this time of pregnancy:
  • The day we found out I was pregnant. 5:30 in the morning: "Trevor!  I think you better come here."  Reaction: he bounces out of bed like he's wide awake, looks at the stick on the bathroom floor and rejoiced immediately. 
  • Around 7 weeks pregnant: "Trevor, can you please stop by Wendy's?" Reaction: "Of course!" After a few days, he was asking me if I wanted him to stop by Wendy's. What a guy!  (as an aside, I miss the Wendy's days - they were much cheaper than Chipotle!). 
  • Around 10 weeks pregnant: "Trevor, I think we should take Bradley Method classes." Reaction: "All right, let's do it!" 
  • Around 20 weeks pregnant: "Trevor, I really think we should switch to midwife care." Reaction: "I trust you - let's do it."
  • Just last night: "Trevor, I think we should do cloth diapers."  Reaction: "All right, if you're up for it, so am I!"  I mean, how does he get so supportive and trusting?!? 
  • Just last night (in the middle of the night) . . . we were both getting colds, I was stuffed up and Trevor was snoring: "Trevor! Blow your nose (at 1am, 3am, 4am)!" Reaction: "Okay, oh, sorry."
  • About every other day: "Trevor! She's kicking!"  Reaction: He runs over to me, puts his head to my stomach and starts talking to Baby K. And sometimes she kicks even more. It's adorable. 
This week I put a CD together for a bridal shower, and it ended up having some songs from our dating years/engagement/wedding. I've been "proofing" the CD by listening to it in the car. This has caused lots of runny mascara at somewhat inopportune times. I just feel incredibly thankful and blessed for Trevor. Thanks Trev for being who you are, and for letting me into your life and for wanting to be in mine. 

2 comments:

  1. what a guy!! and yay for cloth diapers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha. I was just reading a blog post someone did on southern sayings and "bless his heart" is really code for "he isn't that bright". At least in the south. I am glad that isn't what the post was about. Trevor is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete