Monday, February 6, 2012

Cutest thing I ever did see

Well, yes, the picture below would depict one of the cutest things I've ever seen. But right before I snapped the photo, I saw something else pretty adorable: a cute old man from the "big red barn" house at the end of the block (the same one with the singing inflated reindeer at Christmas time) was walking to his truck . . . and what was just too cute was that he had a blue tooth in one ear and was chomping on a big old piece of red licorice. The whole scene just kind of made my day. It's the little things, don't you think?

Is it okay to say "cute old man"? Because he was. It was cute, I wish I could've gotten a picture of him, but that probably would not have been okay.

So, here's the picture I did get (please don't tell me you'd rather see a picture of an old man?!):


Another scene was Karis seeing Trev (after a few days of him being gone) at the end of block and biking as fast as she could to him. Pure delight.

Karis-isms:
- "Mommy blow on hands!" (when we get back inside and her fingers are cold)
- "I'm freezing!" (can you tell it's cold and damp here lately?)
- "Walk on ceiling!" (she loves for Trevor to hold her upside down so her feet touch the ceiling)
- "I want quinoa! I smell quinoa" (yes, she smelled it cooking without even knowing what was in the pot)

And one more, because it's Monkey Monday around here . . . Karis holding a book she pulled off the shelf this morning. Can you tell what it is?

   
You can't see it well in this shot, but the t-shirt displays Rainbow Brite - a shirt I wore at her age. Thanks, mom, for keeping it!

No comments:

Post a Comment